The marriage of Swiss design and recycling
In collaboration with Nespresso, Caran d'Ache is presenting a new 849 ballpoint pen in limited edition made using the aluminium from Nespresso recycled capsules. This exclusive writing instrument was born of the encounter between two iconic Swiss companies, sharing common values: sustainable development, innovation and Swiss design quality.
In 2015, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Nespresso's commitment to recycle its aluminium capsules, the company launched its Second Life project to breathe new life into its used capsules through a range of iconic Swiss products. Having already released a Victorinox Swiss Army knife and a Zena vegetable peeler, Nespresso partners with Caran d'Ache to create a special 849, using recycled capsules aluminium for the body of the pen.
Caran d'Ache Research & Development laboratory went through numerous tests to create an exclusive alloy using the aluminium from recycled capsules, meeting the quality requirements of the 849. A writing instrument that is both robust and sustainable while boasting a timeless look.
Every year, a capsule color is selected to decorate products part of the Second Life collection. In 2018, the ’Darkhan’ capsule is called on to lend its dark blue colour to the 849. The "Made with recycled Nespresso Capsules" label reinforces the authenticity of this limited edition. The 100% recycled and recyclable packaging strengthens the responsible approach adopted by Caran d'Ache and Nespresso.
- Hexagonal body for a comfortable and controlled writing experience, lightweight and robust
- Engraved with the phrase: Made with recycled Nespresso Capsules
- Metal button and clip
- Fitted with medium blue Goliath Cartridge, 0.25 mm
- Archival safe conforms to ISO 12757-1-2 standards - water-proof, fade-resistant, tamper-proof
- Blue ’Dharkan’ color with shiny appearance obtained by microbeading blasting process and electrostatic treatment
- Environmentally-friendly packaging made from 100% recycled and recyclable cardboard
- Swiss Made
- Ref. 849.859